Wednesday, February 25, 2009

An Interesting Offer.....

**I am going to put the PG-17 rating on this one because I know I have some little ones reading and while I am going to keep this clean, let's just say there will be some "splaning" to do if certain little ones get into this.

So, the last 24 hours have been kind of crazy.  On Tuesday night our hot water heater busted and flooded Kari's room and part of our kitchen.  Now, when I say flooded, I mean there was standing water but not like "get me a bucket I am drowning" type deep.  Well, we did have to get the Service Master dude out today to rip up the carpet and cut out part of the vinyl flooring which brings me to my story.

After dinner tonight, Kari and I went out searching for new carpet and flooring for the kitchen.  While browsing through the different vinyl flooring patterns, a lady who had been talking with the Home Depot guy about some carpet approached us awkwardly.  I turned and looked at her and she silently extended her hand.  In it was a business card.  She never said a word, just continued to look at us until I finally took the card.  I said thanks and then turned around guessing that she or her husband (who was talking to the Home Depot guy) installed floors and this was their business card for when we decided to put in our new flooring.  I dismissed it but then got curious.  

When I read the card here is what it said, "Pole*Yourself*Thin Studio" - Pole Dancing & Aerobics Classes...it included the address and web page where I could learn more about "PYT".  After I scooped my jaw up off the ground, I took a minute to consider what made her pick Kari and I.  I mean seriously, is it that we need to shed a few pounds or is that we look like the "type" who could excel at pole dancing?

.....Pause for dramatic effect....

The card also mentioned a website which I thought was just too good to be true.  Here is what the site advertises:

 
Welcome to P.Y.T. “Pole Yourself Thin”, Birmingham’s first pole aerobics studio. If you are tired of the same old gym atmosphere and seeking change, this is the place for you. Take time out of your everyday routine to come and enjoy the lights, music, and sounds while twirling away those pounds. Within weeks loose pounds by bending, kicking, and swinging. Throw away the free weights and put up the treadmill, there is a new prop in town that can improve your body, mind, and social lifestyle. Ladies, leave the children behind and enter an all adult gym structured to meet your getting in shape needs. Women across the world, from America to Australia are experiencing this new stylized activity that is now offered in your own backyard. So, pack up your gym shoes and high-heeled shoes and join P.Y.T. to become a “Pretty Young Thing”!

And here is a lineup of the classes:

  • Exotic Pole
  • Polelaties
  • Kick Pole
  • Hip Hop Pole
So, if anyone is interested....Kari and I seem to have what it takes to be recruited into the Pole Dancing world.  As Julia Roberts so astutely put it in the movie "My Best Friend's Wedding"..."I've got moves you've never seen!".

No comments: