Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Very Happy Birthday!

A couple of weeks ago I celebrated my 28th birthday.  It was a pretty normal day but a little more hum drum than usual because we had a family member that was very sick and our entire family was a little of kilter.  Well, plenty of people wished me Happy Birthday but all in all, I was just ready to get to the next day and begin living the #28 out and see what it held.

When I got home, I changed my mind....this is what I found:



Well, these AND a box of Rice Krispie Treats (an old college favorite I have recently rediscovered).  These are from some of my favorite people...Lexie, Dallas, Maggie, Levi, Lilly and of course their mama, Polly.  While Kari and I were at work, they snuck into the house and dropped off these beautifully hand-made cards.  
Here is a closer look at them:

From Dallas:  Age 11
From Lexie:  Age 14
Levi:  Age 4
Is that "I love Toy" or "I love You"...hahaha


From Lilly:  Age 4
Looks like Hebrew to me..?!?!

Thank you so much Bices!  You made my day!


Here is some other Birthday stuff.  Here is my birthday cake from my family...the people at Edgar's got the spelling wrong but I fixed it just fine!

Then my boss and I split a cake at work...she wouldn't let me have an Alabama cake, but settled for this compromise. 

All in all, it was a good birthday.  Thank you Lord for another year!

No comments: