Sunday, January 24, 2010

Radical Experiment.....



So, a couple of posts ago I mentioned that I was participating with a local church in what is called the Radical Experiment.  I would like to explain what that is and why I feel like the Lord has called me to this at this time.

A church in my area that I do not attend but do stay well connected with started an experiment this year that was driven by the Word of God speaking to the pastor of that church during 2009.  The challenge  is to live radically for God in several areas during 2010.  The experiment includes Reading through the Entire Bible, Praying for the Whole World, Committing to a multiplying Community, Sacrificing Money for a Specific Purpose, and Spending time in Another Context. The overall challenge is to examine the way I live, spend time, and spend money.  Then determine if what I am committing my life to is furthering the Kingdom of God.

There is so much to examine.  There are so many parts of the world that I have taken as normal.  There are so many things that I have taken much less seriously than I should and so many other things I simply have not considered at all.  As I type, my mind is whirring and I will do my best to flesh out my thoughts in a series of posts to follow.  This will definitely be a radical experiment and I hope you will hang with me!

1 comment:

Polly said...

Lynz, I love your heart and I can't wait to see what all the LORD is doing through you.